The Moroccan Office of Industrial and Commercial Property (OMPIC), the French Institut National de la Propriété Industrielle (INPI) and the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) will fund the participation of 44 small- and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) in a special exhibition at the 22nd session of the Conference of the Parties to the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC).
The event will take place from 10 November to 12 November in Marrakesh, Morocco. The aim of the exhibition is to showcase innovative technological solutions to address climate change, developed by SMEs.
Successful applicants will form part of an exhibition organized by OMPIC, INPI and WIPO. The solutions will be featured on the WIPO GREEN database and in WIPO GREEN communications materials.
How can I take part?
Any firm wishing to apply must fulfil the following criteria:
- You are a small- or medium-sized enterprise (SME).
- You are based in Africa or with a demonstrable interest in the African market.
- You can offer an innovative climate-friendly solution, in particular in the area of renewable energy, water or agriculture. The innovation/solution must:
- have positive environmental, social or economic effects;
- be a proven technology, but you may be considered if your prototype has been tested in a relevant environment (at least technology readiness level 6);
- have the potential to be scaled up.
- The innovation/solution must involve an intellectual property element (e.g. patent, trademark, industrial design, copyright, trade secret, plant variety protection).
Pour plus d’informations @ https://www3.wipo.int/wipogreen/en/news/2016/news_0003.html